Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Gratitude

I am a big ponderer. I can get lost in thought for long periods of time and become almost oblivious to the world around me in that time. Today, as with every other day these past 7 months, I am thinking about my child. Our child. Throughout the many months of pregnancy, I of course have been thinking about him but it has felt so surreal that it's been almost too much for me to comprehend the fact that I am his mother. His presence has felt distant, like I would never get to the point of actually holding him in my arms. But for the past couple weeks, it has become far more real. This wiggly little thing inside me is our baby boy and in two shorts months (maybe a little less or more, who knows!) we will finally get to see him, hold him, and love him face to face. Surreal, yes, but also very real, perfect, and right.

I attribute this shift in thinking to a visit to the Temple three weeks ago.  I became rather emotional at one part and it carried into the Celestial room. A room that signifies reaching celestial glory with our Father in Heaven, that is most beautiful and sacred. I couldn't contain my tears of gratitude for my husband and our baby boy. He had been active throughout the session, but yet when I walked into the Celestial room he became calm. I was so grateful for my experience that day that I couldn't wait to go back. The same thing happened two days ago. Joe and I were the only two people in the Celestial room, a very rare opportunity. I sat there waiting for Joe for a few minutes and when he entered the room my feelings for him were beyond words. We sat there for quite some time whispering a little bit, and thinking. This time, our baby boy was movin' all around. He definitely wanted his presence to be known. In this moment, sitting in the most beautiful room with the most perfect Spirit filling it, dressed in white, I had this indescribable feeling. What feelings I could identify was that I knew, that we would be together forever and that our sweet children would be with us as well. 

So today, I am thinking about who our baby boy will become, what his likes/dislikes will be, his dreams and desires for this life, what we can teach him as his parents, what he can teach us and so much more. 

We have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we may ever understand, who trusts us with His children to teach and guide them back to Him. What a responsibility we have! And I am forever grateful for it. 

And now a video, that makes me tear up every time!


So very grateful today!


Cold, yet perfect, day at the Temple. 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Kelsey! Beautifully put and a great reminder that I needed to hear. So excited for your little one to get here. Less than 2 months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post. Heavenly Father truly blessed me with 5 amazing children. I love you.

    ReplyDelete