Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 2 of 4,133 MILES of FUN!!

After driving for a few hours from McCall we arrived in Moscow Idaho to visit the University of Idaho Law School. Moscow is a small town about 4 to 5 hours north of Boise. We liked it there! Rolling hills, older yet quaint homes and a killer food Co-Op! We drove around through the neighborhoods to see where we could potentially live and we found a cute home for sale! So I grabbed a flier and started looking it over. It was definitely beautiful inside and newly renovated, lots of windows with an incredible view! Only one thing... it was $320,000. Bummer. Maybe someday! 

We liked the school. Nothing fancy but we loved the admissions lady we met with. She told us right then and there that Joey was accepted!! We were excited!! Our options were growing! 

View from one of the neighborhoods. Down below is a walkway to the school. 

After a short visit to the U of I we drove a few more hours through narrow, winding roads to Selah, Washington. Joey served 6 months of his mission there and he hadn't been back since then so we were both excited to visit! Instantly old memories started coming back to him as we drove through the streets of Selah. He would say, "This is where so and so lives" or "That place gave missionaries free food". We visited a couple of families that night. I had heard so much about the Brown's and Hodson's so I was thrilled to finally meet them! We stayed the night at the Hodson's home and stayed up light chatting up a storm with them. They were so great! 

This is us with Sister Hodson right before leaving.   

That morning we visited one more family that Joey taught while he was there, the Upsons. A great family with cute kids, even a 3 year old break dancer! We were impressed!

I was more than excited for the next part of the trip. We were heading to my "Heaven on Earth"! Cannon Beach, Oregon. I have been wanting to go there with Joey ever since we have been together!! Even the drive to the Oregon Coast was gorgeous. We passed multiple Lakes high up in the mountains that were unlike any I had ever seen. 


A Christmas Tree Farm!! We passed so many of them!



57 hours spent like this! 
Yes... I said 57 hours!


Pretty much I could talk about Cannon Beach for a really long time. I have so many memories there. I wish we could have stayed there for weeks!

We stayed in Seaside, about 10 miles from Cannon Beach.

I was a little depressed to find out my favorite pizza place, Pizza a' Feta was closed for the week along with my favorite bakery. Tears may have actually come to my eyes. Apparently the week we were there is considered to be the slowest week along the north Pacific coast. At least we had most of the beach to ourselves! 


Oswald Beach



You have to hike down through super tall, lush, moss covered trees to get to Oswald Beach. Love it!

A little goofy? Maybe. But we were excited! We had just received a call from the 
University of Nebraska telling us he'd been accepted there too! It was an awesome moment. 

Welcome to Ecola Park! 


(why are my pictures not clear when I load them on blogger?? Annoying.)

 Oregon at sunset. Love it! We ran many miles on this beach. 

View from our balcony. 

From there we headed to the Tillamook Cheese Factory! Favorite thing there... 
TILLAMOOK ICE CREAM! It is the BEST. 
Chocolate-Peanut Butter and Sweet Centennial. Mmmm. I miss it!


From there we headed to Vancouver, Washington to visit more of Joey's mission. One of Joey's friends, Curtis, took us out to dinner and drove us around these neighborhoods in Brush Prairie that had the biggest houses!! They were so pretty! And most of them had these incredible views high up in the moutains. 
We visited another family that Joey taught on his mission. They were such an awesome family!! We loved being able to talk with them and hear about their lives. Thank you for letting us visit Fosteers!


After a late night there we decided to drive to Albany Oregon so we could get a head start on a long day of driving the next day. We arrived at midnight, got a quick nights sleep, then headed to Eugene, Oregon. Do you understand how much I love running? How much I WISH I could be this incredible runner racing at the University of Oregon or training there?!? It is a beautiful place and the second we turned into the school there it was... Hayward Field. I was thrilled!! I ran in to snap pictures because I just couldn't believe I was there. They had the 2008 Track and Field Olympic Trials there and will have them again this Summer. Oh how I wish I could go to it!! 







Running in my socks! But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run a bit here!

We visited the Law School there and it was beautiful. Joey loves Oregon so he'd enjoy going there and I would love to be there simply because of the running community. Too bad tuition is a bit more expensive there, but you never know! We'll see what happens!

Next up, an 8 hour drive to San Francisco. But we had to pit stop at this beauty.
Mount Shasta! My Aunt has climbed this! It's 14,000 feet! 
She is a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
 I look forward to hiking this someday!!

After a long 8 hours, we finally made it to San Francisco. 
But that deserves a post of it's own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment