Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Love, love, love life!

Hi! So I want this post to be much better than my last one. No negativity. No fired up Kelsey. Just me being happy.
School has been very busy, already stressful, and so much more. But you know what? I'm grateful for it! The opportunity to learn is so important to take advantage of. If your given that opportunity, please do it! Learning enriches your life and excites the mind. I wish I could be an expert on all of the biochemical processes, enzymes, hormones, and substrates in the body. I wish I could be able to tell you all exactly how your body will process that salad you just ate or that gigantic cookie from paradise bakery. I may be able to tell you bits and pieces of the digestive and energy producing processes involved in your day to day life but  I'm definitely no expert. I'm trying to be the best version of myself I can be and this opportunity to learn is just another step in that direction of becoming my best self.
You know what makes me happy every single day (even when the chaos ensues)? Being able to spend my nights and with Joey. We both are so busy with life and it can be exhausting but it is my absolute favorite thing to know that at night we get to be together, even if we both may be studying (well he was studying, but I just now looked over at him and he is now snoozing.) I'm so grateful to be married to the man of my dreams. Literally the man of my dreams. It's how I was so okay with getting married so soon after we started dating (7 months total from first dating to being married). One of my brother's told me  a long time ago (after failed relationships), "Date someone for the seasons before you decide they're the one". I thought that was great advice and I decided I was going to do that. With Joey, I truly did not feel the need to date him for all of the seasons before I made my decision. I knew right away that I wanted to be with him forever.
And now today, 1 year and 3 months after we got married, I am happier than ever to be with him. We both are so blessed! We have the gospel in our life that anchors us. We have wonderful families who do so much for us and we have great friends. We have each other and will for eternity. And we love the temple.


Focus on the things that make you happy.

Goodnight for now.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice -- focus on the things that make you happy. It makes the other stuff seem so small.

    ReplyDelete