Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here We Go!

Why hello there! I'm blogging! This is big for me. I never really cared to do it, I just like to read other's blogs! But then my mom started her own and since I want to be like her when I grow up I figured I ought to jump on it. I haven't had any idea how I wanted to start this new endeavor, but after much thought I've decided it's best to give a little introduction to Joe and I as an "Us".

We Love the Temple, and because of it we get to be together Forever. I can't imagine living life without that knowledge!


We love to hike...

and love to eat self serve frozen yogurt creations! mmm. 
We love to play mario kart, stay in on the couch watching movies, cook and eat together, and on occasion even run together (when I can convince Joe to come!). We have the two greatest families and look forward to one day (in the distant future) having a family of our own.

We're just about to get started with out final semester of our undergraduate degrees! Hooorrraaayyy!!!! I'm studying nutrition and Joe is majoring in Finance and once school actually gets underway, you may not hear or see us too often... it's going to be one crazy semester! Joe is taking the LSAT in October (any tips for him would be much appreciated!) and is working his buns off at the the best car dealership in town, LeSueur Car Company! Need a car? Contact him! :)

I'm in the midst of marathon training in this blistering Arizona heat and humidity. I swear that when I was growing up here this humidity did not exist. It's darn awful! It will sure make running in the beautiful St. George Utah weather in October so much easier. I love to run, and along with that love comes healthful eating. I try very hard to supply our home with high nutritional quality goods. I'm constantly looking for new clean recipes to try out. If I could give you just one tip in this first blog, it would be to eliminate (or even just lessen if you need to start gradually) the processed foods from your daily menu! Find the good in WHOLE foods and they will give you the energy you will need to find the joy in your journey through life. If you need recipes to get you started, visit here. Many of the recipes I will post in the future will come from this site. Everything is so creative and wonderfully delicious!

My goal with this blog is that my passion for life may be evident to all who read it.  I LOVE Joey and I LOVE our life! I LOVE our family! I LOVE to run in nature! And I LOVE the gospel! We are simply blessed beyond belief.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I feel like I get to know people best through their written words. Silly, but true!

    I am impressed that you are training for a marathon! I wanted to run one in high school so I started training, but a few months in I got a really serious respiratory infection and stopped running altogether. I never got back into it and now I can't stand it! That's probably more because I'm in such wretched shape than anything else. Plus I can't figure out how to run in the heat. It kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughrly impressed! I think you are more advanced than me! Love it. The top picture is so great, it might need to be blown up on a canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I'm excited to read your blog, I'm always anxious for new recipes, especially from someone I can trust.

    ReplyDelete