Monday, August 22, 2011

A Needed Moment to Vent... Pardon Me.

I'm at school right now waiting for Joe to get out of class. And currently as I am sitting in the hallway waiting to surprise him when we walks out, I'm feeling bitter about school. I am grateful to be able to get an education, further my knowledge in nutrition, and gain intelligence. Well this semester they decided to move the nutrition program to a far away and strange place called downtown Phoenix (creepy place at times). Well, in order to save our car from the wrath of 60 miles round trip each day I have decided to use public transportation. The light rail or the intercampus shuttle that ASU offers. Today was my first time using the intercampus shuttle. I thought it would be pleasant, almost relaxing in cold air conditioning, and an atmosphere I could get some homework done. I have quickly learned that I will not be experiencing any of those things! I got on it and it was slammed full, people even had to stand just to catch a ride to the downtown campus from Tempe, and it was about as stuffy as could be. I didn't even want to breath in the gross air. Not to mention, I am one of those people who if I can't see the road while in a moving vehicle in a very short time I simply want to throw up, car sick! Today was no exception. I got to campus, slightly bitter about the experience I had just had. I went to my classes, got really excited for one of them - Macronutrient Metabolism! Then waited for the shuttle to bring me back to Tempe. I thought it would be better, there was hardly any people waiting to get on so I was happy. The bus pulled up, we piled on and I got a seat towards the front so I could watch the road. While I was happy to have my own two seats, the lack of air and terrible heat that existed was enough to make me want to tap that bus driver on the shoulder and say "Excuse me, I'm getting off here" and find a different way. I endured the ride and arrived to Tempe feeling like crud, nauseated, headache and unbelievably sweaty. This is only day 3 of school. And shockingly, I think I'm going to prefer the light rail from now on. Can't believe I'm saying that but it's true.

Just before I left campus, I sat down for a sec in the lobby to check something and this is what I saw on the background of a girls laptop next to me.


With the words:
"Stay calm and focused and Just Keep Swimming."

I better remember those words this semester. 

But for now, I'm just excited for Joey to walk out of his class so we can spend the rest of the evening together! Thank goodness for that!

3 comments:

  1. That is AWFUL! I would have died. I am very claustrophobic and get carsick over nothing. Just keep swimming, Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Cooler weather when it finally gets here will hopefully make it better. I love the nemo quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up. We can endure anything when there is light at the end of the tunnel. Also, check out the herbal section at Sprouts. You can probably find something to help with motion sickness that won't make you drugged up. XO

    ReplyDelete